Glass fermentation tanks are generally used in laboratories. The main liters are 1L, 3L, 5L, 10L, 15L, and the most commonly used is 5L glass fermentation tank.
(Lab 5L glass fermenter BIOF)
The glass fermentation tank needs high temperature sterilization before use. At this time, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- When purchasing a sterilizer for the first time, you must pay attention to the size of the sterilizer to prevent the tank from being completely inserted;
- It needs to be sterilized The accessories include tanks, feeding bottles, pipe clamps, filters, silicone tubes, etc. Special attention is that the charged accessories must not be put into the sterilizer. (Servo motor base, PH electrode, DO electrode should be wrapped with tin foil before sterilization)
- Before putting it into the sterilization pot, the flame inoculation port on the glass jar must be loosened a little. After the sterilization is over, open the sterilization pot cover Tighten the inoculation port as soon as possible.
- Before sterilization, adjust the height of the paddle and the medium in the tank so that the paddle is immersed in the medium.Aspects that need to be paid attention to during the use of glass fermente
- Before use, be sure to read the manufacturer’s manual and be familiar with the relevant accessories;
- Prepare the strains to be cultured before fermentation, and wait for the temperature to stabilize, and all parameters meet the requirements After setting the value, insert the bacteria.
- During the fermentation experiment, both PH and DO electrodes need to be below the liquid level. After taking them out, they should be gently wiped with special wipes and placed in the protective cover. Remember not to expose them to the air.
- During the fermentation process, it must be To keep the worktable clean, used culture bottles and other items should be cleaned up in time, and any spilled acid and alkali solution or water should be wiped dry immediately.
- If the medium used has a high protein content or bacteria such as Bacillus subtilis that produce surfactants, it is necessary to add defoaming agents to prevent a large number of foam top tanks and increase the risk of bacterial contamination.
Aspects that need to be paid attention to after the fermentation is completed:
- After high-temperature sterilization of the fermentation broth containing bacteria, pour it into the waste liquid pool for harmless treatment.
- Disassemble the parts and accessories of the fermenter, clean them and save them to prevent residues from affecting the performance of the equipment or contaminating bacteria. Remove the electrodes and store them in buffer solution.
(Laboratory double glass fermenter BIOF-D)