There are many types of fermentation tanks, which can be divided into glass fermentation tanks, stainless steel fermentation tanks, beer fermentation tanks, etc. Each type of fermentation tank has its own layout. The following Hols will introduce a typical one Benchtop glass fermenter with the following layouts:
1.Shell of tank :The volume of the glass fermenter used in the laboratory is generally several liters and tens of liters, and the tank body is usually composed of glass.
2. Detection equipment :The detection equipment of a typical fermenter is:
(1) Temperature probe: Monitor the temperature change during the incubation process.
(2) Dissolved oxygen electrode: directly immersed in the fermentation broth to monitor the change of dissolved oxygen in the fermentation broth.
(3) pH electrode: directly immersed in the fermentation broth to monitor the pH change in the fermentation broth.
3. Dissolved oxygen control system
(1) Air flow meter: manually adjust the dissolved oxygen level in the fermentation broth by adjusting the size of the air flow.
(2) Stirring motor and stirring linkage equipment: The stirring motor supplies the power to rotate, and the stirring linkage equipment rolls; the blades of the latter stir the fermentation broth, break up the air bubbles, add the touch interface of gas and liquid, and then advance the dissolved oxygen level.
4. The temperature control system
Includes the cooling water pipe at the bottom of the tank and the cooling water pipe on the condenser at the air outlet. Since heat is usually generated during the fermentation process, the introduction of cooling water can keep the temperature stable.
5. The acid-base balance equipment
Can pump the acid or alkaline solution into the fermentation broth through the peristaltic pump to adjust its pH value.
6. Other equipment
(1) Inoculation port: insert the seed liquid into the fermenter through the inoculation port, which can also supplement nutrients during the fermentation process.
(2) Sampling port: A certain amount of fermentation broth can be taken out from the fermenter through the sampling port for various detection and analysis.